You made it! You have reached the last and the funnest type of side hustle – Passion Niche
In all we go through the advantages and disadvantages.
Passion niche/ start up
You might have discovered a gap in the market that is also matches a skill you have, that no one else does. It could be your penchant for trivia (see The Voice of Neil), your ability to help people become more dateable (LifeStylin), or your ability to make THE most amazing full timber Drums (JPP Drums)
The beauty of this side hustle area is that nothing is off limits. You can transfer anything into a business if you really try. In fact, I work with someone who has crafted Gatherbywhich creates a safe haven for honey bees, through Medicinal Honey Forests (TM). These healthy, disease resistant bees produce pure, raw and potent 100% Australian Manuka Honey.
Your imagination is all that will limit you. So, if you are super-duper passionate about something, then go make it amazing
- Anything can be made into a side hustle, so the skies the limit (even beyond)
- Uncharted terrify so anything goes, which can be super exciting
- You can take your time working stuff through, as there is no road map
- Easier to navigate the many twists and turns if you have a secure income initially
- You will need to motivate yourself, as you are unlikely to be able to reference people as inspiration or guidance
- You need to create your own path, for some that is exciting, for others very daunting
- It can be difficult to work out how to make a living out of it. Determining how to productise whatever it is that lights you up (often this is where I help)
- Many twists and turns, which can be disheartening
So, there you have it a few different options for you to choose your side hustle adventure. Let me know your thoughts and your experiences. I would be keen to hear about your journey.
Keen to get started?
If you are ready to start or scale a side hustle and want to unearth some possibilities, all of your own. Hit me up for a free 15 min convo, regardless of the stage you are at, by emailing me on Christina@incahoots.com.au.
Christina Morgan-Meldrum (CMM) is an author, speaker, curator, change professional and podcaster. She particularly loves helping people start and scale side hustles, especially creatives and musicians by unearthing what’s possible and working with you to make it happen.
She has cultivated the ability to walk into any industry; see what is not seen, distil what is complicated, and simplify the chaos. This skill has been forged in a deliberate and concentrated way for over 20 years, through Personal Coaching and working in Organisational Change Management (before it was even a thing). She is currently working at TAFE on the SMS program as well as exploring many, many side hustles of her own.
Christina fills her time, coaching people on their side hustles, blogging, podcasting - Quirky & Chenille (Christina is Quirky), learning the piano, while working on Change Management gigs. If you are looking for her, she is likely at her spiritual home JB Hi-Fi or exploring stationery stores or artisan markets.